It is hard to escape information about the bushfires. Children are exposed to footage and information on TV, Radio, print and social media. Some children are also experiencing first-hand the trauma or overhearing adults talking about the impact on people, place and animals.
To help address any concerns or worries children may have, we have compiled a list of resources below which may help you discuss the events with your child/ren.
We’ll be updating this list regularly with beneficial resources we’ve found.
- Bushfire Recovery: NSW State Government Resource for Early Childhood Services : http://bit.ly/370pvI1
- Talking to children about bushfires from ParentTV: http://bit.ly/2N4YWue
- ‘Bushfire Social Story’ – developed by Early Connections: http://bit.ly/2tzmAYU
- Flipbook available in multiple languages developed by Children’s Health Queensland: http://bit.ly/2QsTgwa
- Resources for Parents & Carers from the Community Trauma Toolkit – from Emerging Minds: click here
- Disaster Assistance Finder: http://bit.ly/31omAb1
- Cleanup Assistance: A registration for assistance cleaning up after bushfire impact: http://bit.ly/2RZstZ0